Water safety is a common worry for many parents and a fear of water for whatever reason can be very limiting. Introducing babies to water at an early stage is the first step in avoiding such a fear and making swimming and water play an enjoyable experience!
Other reasons for taking your baby swimming:
- It helps develop different kinds of movements and physical abilities to help develop the higher functions of the brain. Swimming allows the babies freedom of movement which allows them to develop actions they wouldn’t otherwise have had the opportunity to experience.
- Although the structure of the lessons is very gentle they provide a complete physical work-out strengthening your baby’s heart, lungs and respiratory system which again aids the development of the brain.
- Swimming is excellent for improving core muscle development and co-ordination.
- Regular swimming can improve eating and sleeping patterns.
Swim Class Information
- Each lesson is for half an hour each week during the state school term times
- Lessons for parent/baby & child classes & pre-school classes are £8 payable in advance per term. We also offer a 10% sibling discount. Flexible payment plans are available
- Recommend a friend and you will receive a discount of £8 off your fees
Willow Tree Primary School pool closed at the moment for major refurbishment & hopefully opening Easter 2017 when classes will re-commence – 9:30 am – 11:30 am Primary School – view map
Willow Tree Primary School pool closed at the moment for major refurbishment & hopefully opening Easter 2017 when classes will re-commence – 09.30 am – 11.30 am at Willow Tree Primary School – view map
Academy Parent/Baby 10am (Members Only)
Academy Pre School Class 10:30 am & 11 am (Members Only)
Academy Pre School Classes 2 pm (Members Only)